We are always communicating something, I said that outloud when I was way young.
No one liked it then, in fact, I was severely reprimanded for saying it. Even as I look back on that today, I don't understand why I was chastized to the point of never saying it aloud again...
... to me it's an obvious truth, we are always communicating.
Many people either are not aware of, or have forgotten that communication is not simply a series of words coming out of your mouth or your keyboard.
Communication is a huge issue for me, and I'll be typing up articles revolving around it often.
We communicate in myriad ways -- from sounds to movement; from the way we choose to present ourselves in adornment to the way we choose to entertain ourselves; from the mundane to the mystical.
Yet many of the people in the civilization I live in often fool themselves that communication is only done by words.
None of us values exactly the same thing in exactly the same way, though often we find ties to those around us who place value, in their own way, on the same thing.
What we consider to have value changes as we change, so a list like the one I'm making now could be the same or different at any given moment.
These are some books I find of value:
- "Stand Back," Said The Elephant, "I'm Going To Sneeze"
by Patricia Thomas, Illustrated by Wallace Tripp
A wonderful children's or adult's book -- share it with a friend!
- The Jester Has Lost His Jingle
Story and Pictures by David Saltzman, With an Afterword by Maurice Sendak
One of my most cherished reads for children and adults on laughter
- Howl's Moving Castle
by Diana Wynne Jones
The book is definitely not the same as the animated motion picture, I was introduced to the book by the picture, both have merit and I enjoyed the anime, but the book I have read and re-read hundreds and hundreds of times.
- Cell-Level Healing - The Bridge from Soul to Cell
by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes, Ph.D.
page 95, Meditation Using the Universal Spiral Archetype and Cell Basics
- The Fine Arts of Relaxation, Concentration and Meditation
by Joel & Michelle Levey
page 38, item 16 - The Inner Smile
- Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats
by Ricahrd H. Pitcairn, DVM, PHD, and Susan Hubble Pitcairn
- Simple Courtesies, How to be a kind person in a rude world
by Janet Gallant
- Stirring the Waters, Writing to Find Your Spirit
by Janell Moon
- Learn to Relax, A Practical Guide to Easing Tension & Conquering Stress
by Mike George
- Renew Your Life, Improved Digestion and Detoxification
by Brenda Watson, N.D., C.T. with Susan Stockton, M.A.
Lots of great pictures and info
- Skin Deep, A Mind/Body Program for Healthy Skin
by Ted A. Grossbart, Ph.D. and Carl Sherman, Ph.D.