The crowd hushes. Murmuring abounds.
Where in the undercurrent rumblings do your murmurs fall?
- “Did she really just say that?”
- “How pathetic, the most important event in her life is/was being homeless?”
- Being born wasn’t eventful?
- Having significant others wasn’t eventful? Working wasn’t eventful?
- Giving birth wasn’t eventful?”
- “You’ve got to be kidding! Of everything in your life and you feel being homeless is/was the most important event?"
- "What does she mean?"
Rd smiles mirthfully, raises her hands to quiet the crowd, nods, and the talk begins…